All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to initialize modular input "checkpoint_opseclea" defined inside the app "Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea": Unable to locate suitable script for introspection.

hatalla
Path Finder

I installed Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea but I am seeing the error on the question line generated on the search peers. Things I did in an attempt to get rid of this error:

• Renamed /Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/default/inputs.conf to /Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/default/inputs.conf.org
  • Renamed all .conf.spec files in /Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/README/ to conf.spec.org

and I am still seeing the error. Not sure what is the cause of this.

Thanks.

Hani

0 Karma
1 Solution

hatalla
Path Finder

Case anyone is inquiring about this issue, it turns out we need to rename/remove ALL .spec files in Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/README/ and not just inputs.conf.spec So appended a ".org" to these files:

inputs.conf.spec
opseclea_connection.conf.spec
opseclea_inputs.conf.spec
opseclea_settings.conf.spec

View solution in original post

rath

Hey I m facing the same issue and when I am appending a .org to the spec file and restarting splunk another spec file with original name is automatically being created.
Can anybody help on how to disable the spec file permanently.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@rath, This question is two years old with an accepted answer. If the solution does not work for you then you should post a new question.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

hatalla
Path Finder

Case anyone is inquiring about this issue, it turns out we need to rename/remove ALL .spec files in Splunk_TA_checkpoint-opseclea/README/ and not just inputs.conf.spec So appended a ".org" to these files:

inputs.conf.spec
opseclea_connection.conf.spec
opseclea_inputs.conf.spec
opseclea_settings.conf.spec

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...