All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to ingest LoginEvent Salesforce object in Splunk

arist0telis
Explorer

Full disclosure, I'm on the Salesforce team in my org and working with our Splunk team, but we're having an issue getting an object to read in to Splunk. I've checked things on my side and they look correct, trying to find some other avenues to pursue on the Splunk side (and idiot check that my side is, indeed, set correctly).

Salesforce object: LoginEvent
Accessing this object requires either the Salesforce Shield or Salesforce Event Monitoring add-on subscription and the View Real-Time Event Monitoring Data user permission.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.platform_events.meta/platform_events/sforce_api_ob...

We assign object access to our Splunk integration user via permission sets and I've confirmed that permset has the View Real-Time Event Monitoring Data flag = true. Is there anything else I can/should check on my side? I see no other access requirements for this object.

My understanding is that the Splunk team isn't seeing any errors on their end, it's just not "doing" anything (not reading it in).

Labels (1)
0 Karma

m_pham
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Does the service account used for this data ingest has read access to the "LoginEvent" object on the Salesforce side?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...