All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to connect Splunk DB Connect and Oracle Autonomous Transaction Processing Database using Oracle Wallet

rja93

I've spun an Oracle Autonomous Transaction Processing Database on Oracle Cloud. I have downloaded an Instance Wallet and am trying to create a connection string using the Oracle wallet.

Splunk Enterprise: 7.1.4
DB Connect Version: 3.1.4
OJDBC driver version: 12.2

I've tried following the steps for 'Connect Splunk DB Connect to Oracle Wallet environments using ojdbc8 on Splunk's Troubleshooting docs and have returned an error:

IO Error: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure, connect lapse 6 ms., Authentication lapse 0 ms.

I have tried creating the connection string as defined in 'Using a JDBC Connection with 18.3 JDBC Driver' in Oracle's docs e.g.
DB_URL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbname_high?TNS_ADMIN=/Users/test/wallet_dbname"
but returns an error message about invalid format that it should include "host:port:sid"

Even with using the template of:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:sid

The error message is:
IO Error: Got minus one from a read call, connect lapse 4 ms., Authentication lapse 0 ms.

As it is an Oracle Autonomous Database, i am unable to stop/start the listener and change the sqllistener.ora to include:
tcp.validnode_checking = no

I have the wallet in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps and downloaded the full-ojdbc 8 package in which the ojdbc8.jar driver is in 'splunk_app_db_connect/drivers' directory and everything else is inside 'splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/ojdbc8-libs'

I am able to connect to the Oracle database using SQL Developer (using the Wallet) where I was able to create an account and table.
I have telnet the port and host to verify that the port is not blocked.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...