All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to configure SecKit for geolocation with Maxmind

tjmurphyjr
Explorer

After installing the app I am unable to configure it. Neither the "Input" or "Configuration" panels will load - they simply clock. The one message i am able to find is:

"Unable to initialize modular input "geoipupdate" defined inside the app "SecKit_SA_geolocation": Introspecting scheme=geoipupdate: script running failed (exited with code 1)."

Have tried this on an ES and Search Head instance with the same results.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

rfaircloth_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi this is my app ,what version of Splunk are you using?

0 Karma

tjmurphyjr
Explorer

We are currently on v7.2.7

0 Karma

drsharp
Explorer

also having similar error on getting app to load on 7.3.5 .
Checking conf files for problems...
Invalid key in stanza [geoipupdate] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecKit_SA_geolocation/default/inputs.conf, line 2: python.version (value: python3).
Invalid key in stanza [admin_external:SecKit_SA_geolocation_account] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecKit_SA_geolocation/default/restmap.conf, line 7: python.version (value: python3).
Invalid key in stanza [admin_external:SecKit_SA_geolocation_settings] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecKit_SA_geolocation/default/restmap.conf, line 13: python.version (value: python3).
Invalid key in stanza [admin_external:SecKit_SA_geolocation_geoipupdate] in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecKit_SA_geolocation/default/restmap.conf, line 19: python.version (value: python3).

0 Karma

rfaircloth_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Looks like something is wrong on py2 I will try to get a look at it this month

0 Karma

acaruso
Explorer

I'm having the same issue. SH is v 7.1.1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...