All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to configure EMC Isilon addon to collect data

lanewarm

Hi I have configured the Isilon Add-on and it runs through the setup successfully, however it never collects any data and I can see the following errors in the log.

I can access the URL manually via a browser using the same account.

We are using OneFS Version: 8.1.0.2

emc_isilon.log
INFO 140173531711296 - EMC Isilon INFO: Got authentication failure error, so getting new session cookie for endpoint
ERROR 139838780786496 - EMC Isilon Error: HTTP Request error: 401 Client Error: Authorization Required for endpoint
ERROR 140101743920960 - EMC Isilon Error: Looks like an error substituting tokens: 'onefs_version'
ERROR 140617830500160 - EMC Isilon Error: Looks like an error while getting list of Active directory domains coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType

Has anyone seen this before?

0 Karma

GRMcCauley
Explorer

FYI - A new version of the App and TA (version 2.4) are available on Splunkbase. We updated to this version is all seems to be working now.

0 Karma

ralphwu15

The authentication error should have been fixed in the latest release on October 1st.

0 Karma

lanewarm

We found two workaround for this Add-on.

1. If you install it on a Windows HF the issue does not exist, only Linux
  2. On Linux we found, reverting from using cookie authentication back to basic resolves the issue. But this is not a clean solution

Current
r = requests.get(endpoint,cookies=cookie,**req_args)

Change to basic
r = requests.get(endpoint,verify=False,auth=(‘UserName’, ‘Password’),**req_args)

0 Karma

GRMcCauley
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately neither of these solutions work for me. 😞

1- We don't want to deploy a Windows Heaver Forwarder
2 - We can't hard code the password as we have two different Isilon clusters with different passwords. I did confirm that when I put the username and password of one of them in, it did get data.

FYI - I've contacted Crest (the developer of the App and Add-On) and they have responded with this:

Isilon APIs have changed and we are
working with Dell EMC team to refresh
the Splunk app to support the new API.
The expected delivery date is in first
week of Septemeber. We will upload the
app on Splunkbase as soon as it is
ready.

0 Karma

arosaemc1

Any updates from them yet.
I have the same issue with cookies error
EMC Isilon INFO: Got authentication failure error, so getting new session cookie for endpoint

0 Karma

GRMcCauley
Explorer

Did you ever find a solution for this? We started seeing the same errors after upgrading our Isilon from OneFS 8.0.0.4 to 8.0.0.6. All was working fine prior to the upgrade.

0 Karma

lanewarm

We found two workaround for this Add-on.

1. If you install it on a Windows HF the issue does not exist, only Linux
  2. On Linux we found, reverting from using cookie authentication back to basic resolves the issue. But this is not a clean solution

Current
r = requests.get(endpoint,cookies=cookie,**req_args)

Change to basic
r = requests.get(endpoint,verify=False,auth=(‘UserName’, ‘Password’),**req_args)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...