All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to Import Data into Sessions & Pages Lookups

Volto
Path Finder

Hello,

I am trying to set up the Splunk App for Web Analytics and I am running into some problems with the Generate Sessions and Generate Pages searches.

I have gone through setting up my sites, made sure that our sourcetype was listed included in the web-traffic eventtype, and included the index that contains the web traffic was included in my users "default indexes to search".

I can search within the App for tag=web and I see results being returned.

When I go to run the searches to fill the lookup tables it says that not results where found. I have double checked everything from the first two steps and everything appears to be correct.

Any idea on why these searches aren't working and any way for me to troubleshoot further on what's going wrong?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Volto
Path Finder

I was able to figure out why that data wasn't coming in correctly.

Our extractions weren't occurring, so log data was being indexed but no fields were being extracted.

Fixing the extractions and rerunning the lookup population searches returned data.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Volto
Path Finder

I was able to figure out why that data wasn't coming in correctly.

Our extractions weren't occurring, so log data was being indexed but no fields were being extracted.

Fixing the extractions and rerunning the lookup population searches returned data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...