All Apps and Add-ons

Two Types of calls in Visualization

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have 2 different events which have 'CalculateTax' and 'DeliverySchedule'. The CalculateTax event appears ~ 7,000 times daily while DeliverySchedule appears about ~3,000 times daily. I want to create a visualization (pie chart) to see the distribution between the 2 calls. The problem I'm facing is that I can only get 1 type to appear in the visualization. It is summing both CalculateTax and DeliverySchedule into one and showing the results. How do I break them up and have a color coded legend associated with each call?

My Query:

index=uv "CalculateTax*" AND "getdelivery*" | transaction maxevents=2 startswith="*Request" endswith="*Response" | timechart count

0 Karma
1 Solution

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I ended up writing a regex to capture the calls (delivery schedule and calculate tax) and piped it to the TOP command. This gave me the distribution of calls I was looking for

My Query:

index=uv Calls="*" | top Calls

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I ended up writing a regex to capture the calls (delivery schedule and calculate tax) and piped it to the TOP command. This gave me the distribution of calls I was looking for

My Query:

index=uv Calls="*" | top Calls

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...