All Apps and Add-ons

Twitter2 stream configuration

nickstone
Path Finder

Given the Twitter2 app uses an example data source of the Twitter sample API, how would I go about making this useful by configuring it more specifically to follow certain hashtags or download certain timelines?

reviewing the stream-twitter.py script I have found the following line that looks familiar, but it still only gets me to narrow my search for key words etc.

Original Line 172: streamer.statuses.sample()

streamer.statuses.filter(track="FIFA", language="en")

Any ideas?

I have also tried, but it doesnt seem to work.
streamer.search.tweets(q='#FIFA', count=1000)

0 Karma
1 Solution

nickstone
Path Finder

Yea I found the answer the other day, there is a function already built into the twitter2 app that can be found in the "streamer" function

ie: streamer.user(track="FiFA")

The issue wasnt with the twitter interface, my issue was that I couldn't find any documentation on what was already built into the app and that my coding is so novice that I couldn't reverse engineer it properly.

Thanks for the reply 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nickstone
Path Finder

Yea I found the answer the other day, there is a function already built into the twitter2 app that can be found in the "streamer" function

ie: streamer.user(track="FiFA")

The issue wasnt with the twitter interface, my issue was that I couldn't find any documentation on what was already built into the app and that my coding is so novice that I couldn't reverse engineer it properly.

Thanks for the reply 🙂

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

Have you used stream.filter function?

I wrote my own py script using tweepy and it's much simpler as i can control the data outside of Splunk and feed the data i want to SPlunk.

from tweepy.streaming import StreamListener.

stream.filter(track=['This That','Movies','Audio'.....])

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Raghav

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...