All Apps and Add-ons

Troubleshooting EMC Isilon App for Splunk Entreprise

gpareesi11
Path Finder

Hi,
I'm currently running Splunk Enterprise 6.4.3 on Windows 2012r2, almost everything running smoothly except EMC Isilon App & Add-On.
I'm currently trying to solve why I'm unable to get these apps working properly.

I have install both Application EMC Isilon Add-on for Splunk Enterprise & EMC Isilon App for Splunk Enterprise.

I have configure the Add-on, using IP of one Node of my Isilon Cluster and using Admin account. Configuration look simple and don't give any error message.

I did not see any sourcetype from EMC in Splunk, emc:isilon:rest or emc:isilon:syslog

I'm troubleshooting the problem using : index=_internal component="ExecProcessor" "EMC Isilon Error:" and here what I see:

message from "python "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA_EMC-Isilon\bin\isilon.py"" EMC Isilon Error: Could not get TA_EMC-Isilon credentials from splunk. Error: 'str' object has no attribute 'os_startIndex'

message from "python "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA_EMC-Isilon\bin\isilon.py"" EMC Isilon Error: Error while getting session validity for authentication. EMC Isilon Error: Could not get TA_EMC-Isilon credentials from splunk. Error: 'str' object has no attribute 'os_startIndex'

*message from "python "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA_EMC-Isilon\bin\isilon.py"" EMC Isilon Error: Looks like an error while getting count for endpoint 401 Client Error: Authorization Required : https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/platform/1/statistics/current?key=node.sensor.fan.rpms.$get_count$&devi... *

These two errors message came back constently and not data from Isilon is in Splunk.

Thanks

0 Karma

pjvarjani
Path Finder

Hi,
Few quick questions:

1. Have you upgraded your Isilon TA from 1.0 to 2.0 ?

2. Can you please check if file $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA_EMC-Isilon/local/passwords.conf is created and contains the node information you have provided during setup?

3. IS there a last_session_call_info.pos file created (and not empty) at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA_EMC-Isilon/local/ directory ?

Thanks

0 Karma

gpareesi11
Path Finder

Hi,

1. I'm running version 2.0 installed from scratch, never used 1.0.
  2. Yes the password.conf is present and contain encrypted password
  3. Only *.conf file in the local folder, there no last_session_call_info.pos in the folder.

Thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...