All Apps and Add-ons

Timeline chart as attachment with email alert.

AKG1_old1
Builder

Hi,

Is it possible to generate timeline chart as attachement in email alert.

I have created a search which produce timeline chart and saved it as alert. but in email alert instead on timeline chart, I am getting Column chart.

Not sure if it's possible to achieve this.

Thanks

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @agoyal

You can't attach a timeline chart to an alert. You can however create a dashboard with the timechart in it and then schedule the dashboard for delivery on a schedule.

If you find the scheduled dashboards look a bit ugly, you can consider using an app like this: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4030/

All the best

gowtham495
Path Finder

i recently came across same situation @agoyal
in alert both statistics table and visualization will be included.
so to send only timechart in mail, i created a dashboard and scheduled that as a PDF attachment , like @chrisyoungerjds mentioned above.
it worked !

0 Karma

AKG1_old1
Builder

Thanks for reply. did you use Timeline chart ?

I have created a dashboard with my Timeline chart search and set the alert. But in PDF attachment it says Splunk doen't support custom visualization.

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes sorry Timeline won't work becuase its a custom visualisation. I thought you were talking about the normal Timechart. You should consider using the Smart PDF Exporter app. It can deal with custom visualizations.

0 Karma

AKG1_old1
Builder

thanks, I'll give a try for Smart PDF. lets see if it works.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...