All Apps and Add-ons

Timeline - Custom Visualization: Can full date time DD/MM/YY HH:MM tooltip options be added?

snoobzilla
Builder

We have timelines that span 30 days with events we want to see begin/end down to the minute or second on Tool Tips.

Please add options for Tooltips time format:
DD/MM/YY HH:MM:SS
DD/MM/YY HH:MM

Cool visualization, but need more control. Also see other requests for legend and left label width control.

1 Solution

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @snoobzilla,
Thanks for your suggestions. I have passed your request along to our engineering team to consider for an upcoming release. Please stay tuned!

View solution in original post

dsiob
Communicator

Yes!! it is possible. Make changes to two .js files as below:

1. \Splunk\etc\apps\timeline_app\appserver\static\visualizations\timeline\src\timline.js
  2. \Splunk\etc\apps\timeline_app\appserver\static\visualizations\timeline\visualization.js

alt text

alt text

save files and Logout and re-login splunk to reflect the changes.

In this case I used '%a %H : %M' as desired time format. Any format can be used including "DD/MM/YY HH:MM"

risgupta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, it is possible to add. you just need to edit the .js file for the app under location :

Splunk_HOME\etc\apps\timeline_app\appserver\static\visualizations\timeline\src\timeline.js

You'll have to play around with those locations for time_format.

Don't forget to run "npm run build" after you modify the JS. And disable caching on Splunk.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial

0 Karma

snoobzilla
Builder

Thanks... don't have admin access. Will be waiting for it to be added to app.

0 Karma

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @snoobzilla,
Thanks for your suggestions. I have passed your request along to our engineering team to consider for an upcoming release. Please stay tuned!

gpullis
Communicator

I'd like YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM as an option, please.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...