All Apps and Add-ons

There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID 57cb497db88fde58).

kevin0450

While saving connection getting error: There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID 57cb497db88fde58).

Trying to connect to Microsoft SQL DB windows authentication.
I have installed java 8 and set the environment variables, placed db drivers(Install the SQL Server using MS Generic driver with Windows authentication) in Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\drivers.

Created new identity and when trying to set connection it throwing the above error. And not letting me to query

Splunk DB Connect version 3.3.0
verified port and IP

Any help is appreciated!!!

0 Karma

jskiba99
Engager

I found this the hard way testing from a windows system going to a sql server, but the *_auth.dll (mssql-jdbc_auth-8.2.2.x64.dll in my case) file has to be placed in the proper location as well as the driver .jar file placed in the drivers folder. The section “Install the SQL Server database driver using a SQL server authentication”, Section 2. These directions were pretty easy to look over.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.3.1/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers#Microsoft_SQL_Serve...

In step 2 it also talks about the user that is used to connect being the service account splunk is running under. If that is localsystem then the machine account computername$ would be used to connect to the sql instance. It does not use the credentials specified in the identity assigned identity.

I tested also with the jTDS Driver and that did exactly what one would expect and worked seamlessly.

0 Karma

zanaown
Explorer

i'm having the same issue... was this ever resolved?

zanaown
Explorer

this was resolved for me by using a sql user rather than a domain user

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...