All Apps and Add-ons

The driver class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver is not found, please check if the driver library is installed properly.

mkaplan1979

i'm running Splunk enterprise 6.2.3 on windows 7 and trying to connect to MS SQL Sever 2012.
PRC Status is UP
Ive downloaded and setup DB Connect v2 but when i try to connect to remote instancei get:

"The driver class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver is not found, please check if the driver library is installed properly."

how would i go about fixing this?

Log:

7/2/15
1:00:18.000 PM

07/02/2015 13:00:18 [INFO] [health.py] DURATION=1.15400004387 ERROR_CODE=400 FUNCTION=py_get_connection_status LABEL=get_connection_status LOGIN_USER=nobody MEMORY_USED=466944000 MESSAGE="The driver class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver is not found, please check if the driver library is installed properly." SESSION_KEY=************ STATE=completed
host = MichaelK-PC source = C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\log\splunk\py_health.log sourcetype = dbx_health
7/2/15

07/02/2015 13:00:18 [ERROR] [rh_connections.py] exception The driver class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver is not found, please check if the driver library is installed properly.
host = MichaelK-PC source = C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\log\splunk\dbx2.log sourcetype = dbx2
7/2/15

2015-07-02 13:00:18 ERROR ServiceResponder:432 - Service Responder Responds Error:
com.splunk.dbx2.DriverNotFoundException: The driver class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver is not found, please check if the driver library is installed properly.
at com.splunk.dbx2.Connector.connect(Connector.java:169)
at com.splunk.dbx2.Connector.isValid(Connector.java:300)
at com.splunk.dbx2.DefaultDBX2JDBC.getConnectionStatus(DefaultDBX2JDBC.java:119)
at com.splunk.dbx2.DBX2Proxy.getConnectionStatus(DBX2Proxy.java:53)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.splunk.dbx2.ServiceResponder.respond(ServiceResponder.java:414)
at org.apache.avro.ipc.Responder.respond(Responder.java:151)
at org.apache.avro.ipc.Responder.respond(Responder.java:99)
at org.apache.avro.ipc.ResponderServlet.doPost(ResponderServlet.java:48)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:800)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:221)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1125)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1059)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:497)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:310)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:248)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:620)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:540)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Tags (1)
0 Karma

egcthistle
Explorer

You need to download the correct JDBC driver from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11774

If that link doesn't work, search the web for "mssql jdbc driver"

Once you get the specific driver
The Microsoft JDBC Driver 4.2 for SQL Server is JDBC 4.2 compliant and runs on the Java Development Kit (JDK) version 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0.
The Microsoft JDBC Driver 4.1 for SQL Server is JDBC 4.0 compliant and runs on the Java Development Kit (JDK) version 5.0, 6.0, and 7.0.
The Microsoft JDBC Driver 4.0 for SQL Server is JDBC 4.0 compliant and runs on the Java Development Kit (JDK) version 5.0 or 6.0.

Then put it into ..\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\bin\lib

Restart Splunk and it should be good to go.

0 Karma

samaikins

HI i am having the same issue.
I am running Splunk enterprise 6.2.4 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5
am trying to connect to an oracle 11.2.0.3.0 and i downloaded the Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2.0.3) JDBC Drivers.
Any inputs ??

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

As the documentation below indicates, you also need to install an appropriate driver before any connection will work:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/latest/DeployDBX/Prerequisites#Database_and_JDBC_database_d...

0 Karma

mkaplan1979

this is really no help. I've tried to find an answer on forums as well with no help

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Did you follow the documentation start to finish? There are several prerequisites AND you have not shared what you have done. The better question you ask, the better answers you get.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...