All Apps and Add-ons

The Splunk Add-on for Kafka vs. Splunk Connect for Kafka

Anmar0293
Path Finder

What is the difference between the two? when i go to the first one "Splunk Add-on for Kafka" it says no longer supported and direct me to the other one which is "Splunk Connect for Kafka"

If it is not supported, why is it still out there?

Also, i'm trying to download the jar file from https://github.com/splunk/kafka-connect-splunk/releases/tag/v1.1.0, but i'm blocked due to the fire-wall of my work computer. is there any alternative way to get this jar in?

Warm regards,

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk Connect for Kafka is a push-based solution for getting data from Kafka to Splunk via the HTTP Event Collector (HEC)

The Splunk Add-On for Kafka is replaced by the above, if you cannot download the jar you could compile from source, or find a workaround for your work computer...(download at home, zip+encrypt/password+email?)

View solution in original post

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk Connect for Kafka is a push-based solution for getting data from Kafka to Splunk via the HTTP Event Collector (HEC)

The Splunk Add-On for Kafka is replaced by the above, if you cannot download the jar you could compile from source, or find a workaround for your work computer...(download at home, zip+encrypt/password+email?)

Anmar0293
Path Finder

does that mean The Splunk Add-On for Kafka doesn't work anymore?

Thanks for the info.

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

While it should still work it's deprecated and the recommendation appears to be use the Splunk connect for kafka

I'm unsure if Splunk support will still help with deprecated add ons, I do not work for them...

0 Karma

silviu3009
Loves-to-Learn Lots

it is available for splunk SaaS ?

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

Thanks a lot @gjanders

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...