All Apps and Add-ons

Tenant / index on Overview page tanking searches

jamesjarrett
Path Finder

I am not sure why but on the main page, none of the searches return results - unless i remove references to the indexes on the tstats search. I assume this is related to the multi tenancy support that is breaking it.

For example:

| tstats values(nodename) AS nodename count FROM datamodel=Cisco_IOS_Event WHERE Cisco_IOS_Event.product="IOS" index=* BY host index | search nodename=Cisco_IOS_Event | stats sum(count)

returns nothing, but:

| tstats values(nodename) AS nodename count FROM datamodel=Cisco_IOS_Event WHERE Cisco_IOS_Event.product="IOS"  BY host | search nodename=Cisco_IOS_Event | stats sum(count)

Works right.

The Tenant search properly hides as the macro probably comes back with nothing; i have assigned the tenant_index token with a value of "" to partially fix this issue..

Is this a known problem? or, is it something I have not set up correctly?

0 Karma

mikaelbje
Motivator

Should be fixed in the latest 2.5.6 version of the app. Tested against recent Splunk versions.

0 Karma

michaeljlancast
Explorer

I'm getting this error running on 6.6.7.

Error in 'PivotProcessor': Error in 'PivotUtil': The dataset 'Interface' has no field 'index'.

0 Karma

michaeljlancast
Explorer

I'm not sure what happened, but the data models/pivots seemed to start working after a few days. Maybe another restart was required??

0 Karma

russellliss
Path Finder

I am getting the same error on 7.1.2

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but did you try putting an AND between Cisco_IOS_Event.product="IOS" and index=*?

0 Karma

jamesjarrett
Path Finder

that's a possibility, but the thing is this is how the dashboard came packaged; i I guess i should have said something more along the lines of 'it was broken out of the box and removing index references fixed it'

0 Karma

jamesjarrett
Path Finder

i just want to know if there is something i missed in configuring.. or that i configured wrong which is completely a possibility

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...