All Apps and Add-ons

Sysmon deploy.bat and update.bat files showing errors?

jlstanley
Path Finder

I'm using the deploy.bat and update.bat you packaged with the add-on but I get errors If I run them from an admin command prompt but it still appears to work with the install . any ideas why the errors still occur?

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-Sysmon-deploy\bin>update.bat
| was unexpected at this time.

then the update:

Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 The SplunkUniversalForwarder is installed at C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Checking for Sysmon
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Sysmon found, checking version
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Sysmon binary is outdated, un-installing
Stopping Sysmon.
Sysmon stopped.
Sysmon removed.
Stopping SysmonDrv..
SysmonDrv stopped.
SysmonDrv removed.
Removing service files.
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Sysmon not found, proceding to install
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Copying the latest config file

0% copied
100% copied 1 file(s) copied.
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Installing Sysmon
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Install failed

Labels (1)
0 Karma

olafhartong
Engager

Sorry for the late response, but great thanks to @jdhunter for fixing the issue. I'll update the app on SplunkBase right away and incorporate the fix.

0 Karma

jdhunter
Path Finder

I would get the failed result regardless. I had to change the s to uppercase in "Sysmon installed" and that corrected all of the Install Failed messages I was receiving.

deploy.bat

echo %DATE%-%TIME% Installing Sysmon && "%SPLUNKPATH%\etc\apps\your_sysmon_app\bin\sysmon.exe" /accepteula -i c:\windows\config.xml | Find /c "Sysmon installed." 1>nul && echo %DATE%-%TIME% Install complete! && exit

HaX

You can use this command. I hope you'll not face any error and it'll work as you desired.

You need to correct some mistakes causing the error.

/accepteula -> -accepteula

c:\windows\config.xml -> "c:\windows\config.xml"

echo %DATE%-%TIME% Installing Sysmon && "%SPLUNKPATH%\etc\apps\your_sysmon_app\bin\sysmon.exe" -accepteula -i "c:\windows\config.xml" | Find /c "Sysmon installed." 1>nul && echo %DATE%-%TIME% Install complete! && exit

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...