All Apps and Add-ons

Sysmon deploy.bat and update.bat files showing errors?

jlstanley
Path Finder

I'm using the deploy.bat and update.bat you packaged with the add-on but I get errors If I run them from an admin command prompt but it still appears to work with the install . any ideas why the errors still occur?

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-Sysmon-deploy\bin>update.bat
| was unexpected at this time.

then the update:

Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 The SplunkUniversalForwarder is installed at C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Checking for Sysmon
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Sysmon found, checking version
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Sysmon binary is outdated, un-installing
Stopping Sysmon.
Sysmon stopped.
Sysmon removed.
Stopping SysmonDrv..
SysmonDrv stopped.
SysmonDrv removed.
Removing service files.
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Sysmon not found, proceding to install
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Copying the latest config file

0% copied
100% copied 1 file(s) copied.
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Installing Sysmon
Fri 07/06/2018-16:43:19.28 Install failed

Labels (1)
0 Karma

olafhartong
Engager

Sorry for the late response, but great thanks to @jdhunter for fixing the issue. I'll update the app on SplunkBase right away and incorporate the fix.

0 Karma

jdhunter
Path Finder

I would get the failed result regardless. I had to change the s to uppercase in "Sysmon installed" and that corrected all of the Install Failed messages I was receiving.

deploy.bat

echo %DATE%-%TIME% Installing Sysmon && "%SPLUNKPATH%\etc\apps\your_sysmon_app\bin\sysmon.exe" /accepteula -i c:\windows\config.xml | Find /c "Sysmon installed." 1>nul && echo %DATE%-%TIME% Install complete! && exit

HaX

You can use this command. I hope you'll not face any error and it'll work as you desired.

You need to correct some mistakes causing the error.

/accepteula -> -accepteula

c:\windows\config.xml -> "c:\windows\config.xml"

echo %DATE%-%TIME% Installing Sysmon && "%SPLUNKPATH%\etc\apps\your_sysmon_app\bin\sysmon.exe" -accepteula -i "c:\windows\config.xml" | Find /c "Sysmon installed." 1>nul && echo %DATE%-%TIME% Install complete! && exit

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...