All Apps and Add-ons

Symantec Web Security Service App for Splunk Log Files

pjohnson1
Path Finder

We would like to keep a copy of the log files before they get indexed for long term retention which gets downloaded via the API.

inputs.conf

[scwss-poll]
interval = 3600
sourcetype = symantec:websecurityservice:scwss-poll

[batch://$SPLUNK_HOME/var/spool/splunk/...stash_ta_scwss_logs.zip]
move_policy = sinkhole

[batch://$SPLUNK_HOME\var\spool\splunk\...stash_ta_scwss_logs.zip]
move_policy = sinkhole

Maybe something like this?

[scwss-poll]
interval = 3600

[monitor://$SPLUNK_HOME/var/spool/splunk/...stash_ta_scwss_logs.zip]

[monitor://$SPLUNK_HOME\var\spool\splunk\...stash_ta_scwss_logs.zip]
0 Karma
1 Solution

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @pjohnson1

yes this will keep zip files in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/spool/splunk, be aware that depending of the log volume the HD space can be fast filled up. It is better to move zip files from the spool directory after indexing somewhere else.

P.S. BTW, if you had issues with WSS this week, like not possible to create WSS input in splunk or logs are coming empty - it is not your fault - it was confirmed by Broadcom support, even if Broadcom status page doesn't mention it: https://wss.status.broadcom.com/

View solution in original post

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @pjohnson1

yes this will keep zip files in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/spool/splunk, be aware that depending of the log volume the HD space can be fast filled up. It is better to move zip files from the spool directory after indexing somewhere else.

P.S. BTW, if you had issues with WSS this week, like not possible to create WSS input in splunk or logs are coming empty - it is not your fault - it was confirmed by Broadcom support, even if Broadcom status page doesn't mention it: https://wss.status.broadcom.com/

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...