All Apps and Add-ons

Summary indexing using spath limited to 50,000, but verbose search works with 78,000 rows. How do I populate the summary index with the entire data set?

DanielFordWA
Contributor

Hi,

I pull data into Splunk using the REST API Modular Input. The data is returned in json format.

I store the data in one index and run a scheduled search against this index once a day to populate a summary index to use with dashboards and analysis.

The following in verbose mode returns 78k+, but when using to populate the summary index, it only returns 50,000 results into the summary index.

index=rest_ent_prod | spath output=GUID path=users{} | bucket span=1d _time | stats count by _time GUID groupName groupId

Can anyone help me populate the entire data set into the summary index?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Karma
1 Solution

DanielFordWA
Contributor

Fixed it with the below.

index=rest_ent_prod | spath output=GUID path=users{} | bucket span=1d _time | table _time GUID groupName groupId | mvexpand GUID | dedup _time, GUID, groupName, groupId | table _time GUID groupName groupId

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DanielFordWA
Contributor

Fixed it with the below.

index=rest_ent_prod | spath output=GUID path=users{} | bucket span=1d _time | table _time GUID groupName groupId | mvexpand GUID | dedup _time, GUID, groupName, groupId | table _time GUID groupName groupId

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...