All Apps and Add-ons

Status indicator icon does not appear

mrprice22

I'm using Splunk 7.2.6 and I've installed the Status Indicator app. The problem is I cannot get any icons to how up. The value appears just fine, but no icons?

TIA

Mark

0 Karma

ivanreis
Builder

I deployed the app in my stand alone instance and I used this simple dashboard code below. I also change the app permission to be visible globally, so you can use it from any other app you need to. The tricky part is you have to change the graph visualisation in order to get the icon work properly. Please see below the steps I took to get this worked.

Dashboard sample:

Status indicator Example

<panel>
  <title>Status indicator example dashboard</title>
  <viz type="status_indicator_app.status_indicator">
    <search>
      <query>index=_internal | stats count | table count icon color</query>
      <earliest>@w0</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <option name="drilldown">all</option>
    <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.colorBy">static_color</option>
    <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.fillTarget">text</option>
    <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.fixIcon">check</option>
    <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.icon">fix_icon</option>
    <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.precision">0</option>
    <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.showOption">1</option>
    <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.staticColor">#006d9c</option>
    <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.useColors">true</option>
  </viz>
</panel>

<panel>
  <title>Dashboard Test Status Indicator</title>
  <viz type="status_indicator_app.status_indicator">
    <search>
      <query>index=_internal

| head 100
| stats count
| eval count=count+random()%1000
| eval icon="exclamation-circle"
| eval color="#F58F39"
| table count icon color
-24h@h
now

none
text
medium

Procedure to change the graph visualisation:
Step 1
alt text

Step 2 and 3
alt text

I hope this work for you now. Happy Splunking

0 Karma

mrprice22

Thanks but it's still not working.

0 Karma

jacobpevans
Motivator

The documentation for this app is absolutely awful. This is the only helpful thing I've found: format and Simple XML reference. Try renaming the field with your number to count and returning no other fields. If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out. We use this app religiously and I've found no way around this hard to find requirement.

Here's a snippet from one of my dashboards that works:

<panel>
      <title>$tok01$</title>
      <viz id="vizTok01HealthScore" type="status_indicator_app.status_indicator">
        <search base="[base search]">
          <query>
search abc="$Tok01$"
| fields - abc
| fieldformat count=round(count) . "%"</query>
        </search>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.colorBy">field_value</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.fillTarget">background</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.fixIcon">check</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.icon">field_value</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.precision">0</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.showOption">1</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.staticColor">#65a637</option>
        <option name="status_indicator_app.status_indicator.useColors">true</option>
        <drilldown>
          <set token="abc">$tok01$</set>
        </drilldown>
      </viz>
    </panel>

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3119/#/overview
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/StatusIndicator/1.3.0/StatusIndicatorViz/StatusIndicatorIntro

Edit: Also, when we first installed the app, they only worked on certain computers. I apologize that I can't exactly remember the solution, but there may be an issue with the installation itself. Be sure to at least try bouncing the Splunk instance with the app before continuing.

Cheers,
Jacob

If you feel this response answered your question, please do not forget to mark it as such. If it did not, but you do have the answer, feel free to answer your own post and accept that as the answer.
0 Karma

mrprice22

Thanks but still no icons no matter what I do.

0 Karma

jacobpevans
Motivator

Sorry I couldn't help. I do remember this app being a pain to get working, but I can't remember what all we had to do to get it working. The good news is that once it's set up properly, it is reliable.

Cheers,
Jacob

If you feel this response answered your question, please do not forget to mark it as such. If it did not, but you do have the answer, feel free to answer your own post and accept that as the answer.
0 Karma

mrprice22

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the location of the font-awesome stuff.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...