All Apps and Add-ons

SplunkForNagios not querying Nagios

chrismralph

Hi,

I have been through various installation guidelines for this app using livestatus and am stuck.

Live status is workin and I can query as follows:

nc nagios 6557 < nagios-hosts | grep host1

Result:

host1,10.20.53.64,host1,0

Based on tis result I know that the mk-Livestatus agent is responding. I have modified all xml and py files as instructed but when I open the livestatus dashboard the query is not even made to the server which I can see through a tcpdump that is running.

Any ideas?

Regards

Chris

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ivedasolutions

I know this is extremely old, but did you ever figure this out? I am having massive problems with the Livestatus dashboard not working on my install. Thank you.

0 Karma

chrismralph

ok so after configuring the reciver and sending data using a universal forwarder it became clear that the livestatus check only runs if there is a known host in the index not the nagios instance.

The problem I have now is that whilst the livestatus query is being made, it is only returining details for the single host configured as the src_host.

Any ideas?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...