All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk4JMX with Splunk version 6.0 Install and/or upgrade issues

jberlin
Path Finder

On and upgrade I am no longer able to use and of the metrix charts

On new install I get the following error message:
Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Regex: unknown property name after \P or \p

Will there be an updated version of Splunk4JMX in the near future?

jb

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

6.0 update coming in the next week.

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

6.0 update coming in the next week.

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Yep , enabling helps 🙂 It is not designed to run from the command line. poll_jmx.bat is a scripted input run under the context of splunkd.

0 Karma

preben12
Communicator

yeah - just realized that the data input was disabled ?? when enabled it works.
Running poll_jmx.bat from command prompt will not publish events to the jmx index.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Setup screen is removed in 1.7 for now.

I don't understand that last sentence , you should never have to edit the bat file. But you'll need to enable it in Manager -> Data Inputs

0 Karma

preben12
Communicator

Just tried splunk4jmx version 1.7 on splunk 6.0, and it seems broken at least on windows.
Events doesn't seem to be published to the jmx index. I have only seen connect errors getting published.
On a fresh install the jmx config dialog is not shown on initial app install. You have to edit the poll_jmx.bat manually to set config location asf.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Uploaded to Splunkbase Apps , come and get it !

0 Karma

jberlin
Path Finder

Perfect. Thank you!

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

before installing/upgrading other apps on your 6.0 Splunk deployment, i recommend ensuring that they are supported for 6.0.
the http://apps.splunk.com/app/668/ JMX app does not currently show that 6.0 is supported.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...