All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk4JMX with Splunk version 6.0 Install and/or upgrade issues

jberlin
Path Finder

On and upgrade I am no longer able to use and of the metrix charts

On new install I get the following error message:
Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Regex: unknown property name after \P or \p

Will there be an updated version of Splunk4JMX in the near future?

jb

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

6.0 update coming in the next week.

View solution in original post

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

6.0 update coming in the next week.

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Yep , enabling helps 🙂 It is not designed to run from the command line. poll_jmx.bat is a scripted input run under the context of splunkd.

0 Karma

preben12
Communicator

yeah - just realized that the data input was disabled ?? when enabled it works.
Running poll_jmx.bat from command prompt will not publish events to the jmx index.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Setup screen is removed in 1.7 for now.

I don't understand that last sentence , you should never have to edit the bat file. But you'll need to enable it in Manager -> Data Inputs

0 Karma

preben12
Communicator

Just tried splunk4jmx version 1.7 on splunk 6.0, and it seems broken at least on windows.
Events doesn't seem to be published to the jmx index. I have only seen connect errors getting published.
On a fresh install the jmx config dialog is not shown on initial app install. You have to edit the poll_jmx.bat manually to set config location asf.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Uploaded to Splunkbase Apps , come and get it !

0 Karma

jberlin
Path Finder

Perfect. Thank you!

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

before installing/upgrading other apps on your 6.0 Splunk deployment, i recommend ensuring that they are supported for 6.0.
the http://apps.splunk.com/app/668/ JMX app does not currently show that 6.0 is supported.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...