All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk version and Splunk Searching and Reporting App are are on different versions.

rajindurbal
Path Finder

A Heavy forwarder was upgraded a while ago and it is on version 7. However, the Searching and Reporting App is still on 6.5. Why would that be the case?

0 Karma
1 Solution

rajindurbal
Path Finder

So the issue was that the /etc folder had been overwritten with the older configuration file. When the file was overwritten it showed that it was on 6.5. This also caused other issues such as the install from file option to disappear and the searching and reporting app to not load. When I found the /etc folder that was for version 7 and overwrote it, everything started running fine.

View solution in original post

rajindurbal
Path Finder

So the issue was that the /etc folder had been overwritten with the older configuration file. When the file was overwritten it showed that it was on 6.5. This also caused other issues such as the install from file option to disappear and the searching and reporting app to not load. When I found the /etc folder that was for version 7 and overwrote it, everything started running fine.

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

So my answer was more-or-less it.

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

That should not be the case. Perhaps you accidentally are deploying the search app from your DS? Try reinstalling.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...