All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for k8s - please review savedsearches.conf and add default time range constraints

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello,

Reviewing the new Splunk for k8s addon, you could please review the savedsearches.conf and add a minimal default earliest and latest timerange to the searches ?

For example:

dispatch.earliest_time = -24h
dispatch.latest_time = now

Currently the searches will run over All time by default since only the search definition exist on a per stanza statement.
That is not good practices for customers.

Kind regards,

Guilhem

0 Karma
1 Solution

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey Guilmxm!

Thanks for pointing this out. I provided the same feedback and am working with the team to clean up :).

Will report back once it is done. Also feel free to provide any other feedback you might have!

Matt

- MattyMo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey Guilmxm!

Thanks for pointing this out. I provided the same feedback and am working with the team to clean up :).

Will report back once it is done. Also feel free to provide any other feedback you might have!

Matt

- MattyMo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...