All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Palo Alto Networks: Why we not seeing any pan_data_filtering to populate the "Data Filtering" dashboard?

lbogle
Contributor

Hello Splunkers,

Thought I’d check with you on this. We are not seeing information in the ‘data filtering’ dashboard. URL filtering works fine.
We have no ‘data filtering’ security profile set up, but we are seeing data filtering data show up in the PAN firewall monitor dashboard for data filtering with files and executables. When I go to the PAN app, there is no data within pan_data_filtering.
I do, however see the data files and names etc in pan_file.
What am I missing to get the data filtering dash data visible?
Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

btorresgil
Builder

Hi lbogle, Data Filtering is different than File Blocking. Data filtering dashboard will only show data from pan_data_filtering, not data from pan_file.

View solution in original post

btorresgil
Builder

Hi lbogle, Data Filtering is different than File Blocking. Data filtering dashboard will only show data from pan_data_filtering, not data from pan_file.

lbogle
Contributor

So if I don't have pan_data_filtering within Splunk, there will be no data filtering. What from my PAN box is supposed to generate the pan_data_filtering log data?
Thanks!

0 Karma

lbogle
Contributor

Nevermind. I recieved your earlier comment regarding a data filtering profile. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...