All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Microsoft Exchange App get-databasestats.ps1 Error

imarks004
Path Finder

Has anyone seen the below error with the fwd_exchange2007_store \bin\get-databasestats.ps1 powershell script? I see this on all for mailbox servers(2active/2passive). I am troubleshooting why some events are not populating back into my indexers and this looked like a good place to start. It seems like most of my Exchange data is populating correctly with just a few exceptions that I am trying to clean up.

09-02-2011 14:20:00.480 -0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\fwd_exchange2007_store\bin\exchangepowershell.cmd" get-databasestats.ps1" The operation '[System.UInt64] / [System.UInt64]' is not defined.
09-02-2011 14:20:00.480 -0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\fwd_exchange2007_store\bin\exchangepowershell.cmd" get-databasestats.ps1" At C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\fwd_exchange2007_store\bi
09-02-2011 14:20:00.480 -0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\fwd_exchange2007_store\bin\exchangepowershell.cmd" get-databasestats.ps1" n\powershell\get-databasestats.ps1:32 char:45
09-02-2011 14:20:00.480 -0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\fwd_exchange2007_store\bin\exchangepowershell.cmd" get-databasestats.ps1" + $EdbDriveFree = ($EdbDriveInfo.FreeSpace / <<<< $EdbDriveInfo.Size)
09-02-2011 14:20:00.480 -0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\fwd_exchange2007_store\bin\exchangepowershell.cmd" get-databasestats.ps1" * 100.00

1 Solution

donwant
Explorer

There is a bug with Powershell v1 apparently. If you edit the databasestats and cast one or both of the variables to a long it will work.
To cast it to a long just put [long] in front of the variable.

I can't find the reference I used to fix this yesterday now so I can't give proper credit unfortunately.
Correction: finally found the reference!
http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-windows-powershell/466362-completely-easy-question-division.html

View solution in original post

0 Karma

donwant
Explorer

There is a bug with Powershell v1 apparently. If you edit the databasestats and cast one or both of the variables to a long it will work.
To cast it to a long just put [long] in front of the variable.

I can't find the reference I used to fix this yesterday now so I can't give proper credit unfortunately.
Correction: finally found the reference!
http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-windows-powershell/466362-completely-easy-question-division.html

0 Karma

imarks004
Path Finder

Thanks, adding the [long] in front of the variables fixed this issue.

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you possibly contact me at msexchange@splunk.com so I can incorporate this into the next release?

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The key part here is that the [System.UInt64] / [ System.UInt64] is not defined. This is a core feature of Powershell, so it's likely that there is a problem with your Powershell implementation. To diagnose further, you can run this outside of the Splunk system to see what the error is. To do this, run the get-databasestats.ps1 at a powershell command prompt. It should run to completion without errors.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...