All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Jenkins - NO DATA SENT TO SPLUNK

premraj_vs
Path Finder

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate Splunk with Jenkins and as per this link https://github.com/jenkinsci/splunk-devops-plugin

I create the latest build and uploaded it in Jenkins.

In /configure page, i provided my splunk server details and test connection verified.

alt text

But in https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Splunk+Plugin+for+Jenkins , UI looks different and i am not seeing any data in Splunk from Jenkins.

Can anyone tell me what is missing.

0 Karma

aakif
Engager

"jenkins_artifact"
"jenkins_console"
"jenkins_statistics"
"jenkins"

I am getting proper search results for all jenkins indexes but nothing is showing in Jenkins App , Can you please help ?

0 Karma

dvargas_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Premraj_vs were you able to get resolution to this issue?

I recently worked with a customer that experienced the same matter. It was determined that on the Jenkins Configuration under event source the variable "source =" was left empty and this seemed to have been the culprit to no data being presented into Splunk App for Jenkins.

Adding the wild card "*" seems to have worked in this situation. I hope that helps.

0 Karma

yomesky2000
Observer

I spent 3 days trying to fix this issue as Jenkins was not publishing its build analysis to Splunk. This solution worked for me and thanks to @dvargas_splunk. On Jenkins -> Manage Jenkins -> Scroll down to the Splunk connection entries -> Advanced -> Event Source: source="*"
I restarted Jenkins and Splunk service and I started seeing the Jenkins Build Analysis in Splunk

0 Karma

txiao_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The plugin version is pretty old, could you please upgrade to latest version on the Jenkins update center?

0 Karma

premraj_vs
Path Finder

I tried with the latest version of jenkins jar and still no data pushed to Splunk

0 Karma

txiao_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

can you see any data in the Search app, pls search
index=jenkins*

0 Karma

premraj_vs
Path Finder

No i do not see any data. Can you share with me the meta data that you are using in Jenkins configuration page ?

0 Karma

txiao_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I haven't heard any user complain about the default metadata config.
I am wondering the splunk config, e.g. if you used a heavy forwarder for "Http Input" , you can not search the data on heavy forwarder, you have to go to search head or indexer.
To verify it, pls run

hec_host=<splunk-host>
hec_port=8088
hec_token=<splunk-token>
curl -k "https://${hec_host}:${hec_port}/services/collector/event" -H "Authorization: Splunk ${hec_token}" -d \
'{"host":"test-host","index":"jenkins_console","sourcetype":"json:jenkins","source":"logger://dummy","event":{"level":"INFO","log_source":"cmdline","message":"Test HEC"}}'
0 Karma

premraj_vs
Path Finder

Can anyone share any insights on this ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...