All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Exchange Field Extractions

lhollada0
Engager

Hello, I'm having some issues getting field extractions to work correctly. I've deployed the "TA-Windows-2008R2-Exchange-IIS" app to my CAS server, using the Universal Forwarder. I have the props.conf and transforms.conf in the same directory as the inputs.conf. But when I search the IIS logs on my search head, the fields defined in transforms.conf are not present.

I'm sure I'm missing something here regarding the different between search-time and index-time field extractions, and the inability of the forwarder to parse data. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The field extraction definitions are held in both the TA (as globally accessible extractions) and Splunk_for_Exchange (as local extractions). As such, if you have only installed Splunk_for_Exchange on your indexer/search head, then you will only see the extractions within the Splunk_for_Exchange app. There is a search bar in the overview screen of the Splunk_for_Exchange app that will allow you to view the extractions.

View solution in original post

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The field extraction definitions are held in both the TA (as globally accessible extractions) and Splunk_for_Exchange (as local extractions). As such, if you have only installed Splunk_for_Exchange on your indexer/search head, then you will only see the extractions within the Splunk_for_Exchange app. There is a search bar in the overview screen of the Splunk_for_Exchange app that will allow you to view the extractions.

lhollada0
Engager

Thanks for the clarification. Another thing I needed to do was to modify props.conf because I am already indexing the IIS logs under a different sourcetype. Looks good now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...