All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Cisco Identity Services (ISE): Is my Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) configuration correct?

ssackrider
Explorer

OK, just to go over the information flow to ensure all is working (needless to say it isn't--I'm missing something)

ISE via syslog to one machine (ubuntu server) running syslog, indexer, and search head. Understood the universal forwarder on our normal syslog server (Windows) wont work because there's no python to run the scripts.

Syslog IS populating with messages: made a local/inputs.conf in the addon folder to monitor the var/log/ (server) --unknown if this is working-- and a search for "sourcetype=cisco:ise:syslog" is empty.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ssackrider
Explorer

OK.. It helps to spell the folder correctly in the inputs.conf. populating splunk.. now to check the app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ssackrider
Explorer

OK.. It helps to spell the folder correctly in the inputs.conf. populating splunk.. now to check the app.

0 Karma

ssackrider
Explorer

In the app, all panels are searched on "eventtype-cisco-ise" Placed a wildcard "*" at the end of "ISE" and they came alive.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...