All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk app for Windows Infrastructure: Unknown search command 'ldapsearch'.

jwadmin
Engager

Does anyone know why I am getting this error on some of the dashboards on the Windows Infrastructure app?
I believe I have set up the SA-ldapsearch correctly as it gets data when the search is run from there.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is that the entire text of the error message?. Have you gone through the troubleshooting information in the documentation?

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Although this specific error message isn't listed, the Troubleshoot the Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory may also come in handy with @ChrisG's mentioned of troubleshooting material.

0 Karma

mdsnmss
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is the sharing level on SA-ldapsearch? If it is not exported globally it will work within the SA-ldapsearch context fine, but will not be seen by other apps.

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Agreed. The app or the command may have something up with the permissions. Check out Manage knowledge object permissions

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...