All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk VMware App missing roles in a Search Head cluster

ebaileytu
Communicator

I just deployed the latest version of the VMware app into our 6.5.2 Sh cluster. Everything looks fine, but I do not see either the user or admin roles for the vmware app when I go to update roles per the instructions. I do see the configs in the TA for the roles called Splunk_TA_vmware which I deployed into the cluster using the cluster deployer. With no roles I am limited how I can use the app in the SH cluster till this gets resolved.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Karma

bparekh_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, Roles are defined in Splunk_TA_VMWare and you can refer this link https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VMW/3.3.2/Installation/DownloadandinstalltheSplunkAppforVMware and ensure that you have deployed all required component on specific instances. And also make sure that you have deployed the same version of apps and addons.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...