All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk UBA Installation?

kiran331
Builder

Hi Whats the difference in Installing a Splunk UBA on single server and Multiple servers?Whats the best practice?

0 Karma
1 Solution

David
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Kiran,

At a basic level, it's about the sizing that you need. You can check out sizing on our public docs: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/UBA/3.2.0/Install/DeploymentArchitecture.

As far as the actual install process, it's pretty similar. You have to set up and IP multiple systems, obviously, but during the actual install on the primary node you'll give it the IPs or DNS Names of the other nodes, and it will run through everything.

All that's also in our docs, but we'd be happy to talk in more depth about the setup and the specifics of your environment. Just respond back here and let me know, and I can reach out offline (or of course ask your account team, and they can connect us).

-David

View solution in original post

David
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Kiran,

At a basic level, it's about the sizing that you need. You can check out sizing on our public docs: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/UBA/3.2.0/Install/DeploymentArchitecture.

As far as the actual install process, it's pretty similar. You have to set up and IP multiple systems, obviously, but during the actual install on the primary node you'll give it the IPs or DNS Names of the other nodes, and it will run through everything.

All that's also in our docs, but we'd be happy to talk in more depth about the setup and the specifics of your environment. Just respond back here and let me know, and I can reach out offline (or of course ask your account team, and they can connect us).

-David

kiran331
Builder

Hi David, UBA is already deployed in our environment on a single Ubuntu VM. But were having issues in running UBA, so I just want to install a new setup.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...