All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk_TA_jmx: server configuration

ktn01
Path Finder

Hello,

I have some difficulties to configure my first connection in "Splunk_TA_jmx":

Our WEB administrator says he can use the URL "service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://<host>:<port>/jmxrmi" in "jconsole" to connect to a java machine.

So I am trying to configure a server in "Splunk_TA_jmx" with the following parameters:

Destination App : Splunk_TA_jmx
Name            : test
JVM Description : my_test
Connection Type : rmi
Stub Source     : jndi
Host            : <host>
Port            : <port>
Lookup Path     : /jmxrmi
Username        : <user>
Password        : <password>
Server Interval : 30

But I get the message "Invalid parameter found in connection URL. Verify the provided connection configurations." when I try to add it.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks

Christian

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

ktn01
Path Finder

Hello,
The proble was the JAVA version  installed on the server. was 11 and Splunk_TA_jmx work with java 8.

Thanks for your responses

Christian

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ktn01
Path Finder

Hello,
The proble was the JAVA version  installed on the server. was 11 and Splunk_TA_jmx work with java 8.

Thanks for your responses

Christian

0 Karma

vikramyadav
Contributor

Hi @ktn01 

Have you installed the SSL certificate for connection? Mostly we get this error when credentials are wrong or an SSL issue.

These errors can also be observed in UI for one of the below cases.:

• The JMX is not enabled on a Java machine.
  • You create the server with invalid server credentials.
  • Your Splunk platform deployment is not able to reach the service where JMX is running.

--------------------------------------------------------

If this helps your like will be appreciated. 😊

ktn01
Path Finder

Hello,

The issue seems to be on REST API. You can edit directly the file "local_servers.conf" as a workarround.

A case is open on Splunk support.

Regards

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...