All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk TA for *nix installation

terryloar
Path Finder

I installed Splunk TA for *nix and I'm on the "Splunk for Unix Technology Add-on: Setup" page. I completed my selections and hit Save, then OK, but it brings me back to the same input selection page.

How do you get the app to execute?

I tried restarting Splunk -> Manager -> Apps -> Launch App.

I'm running Splunk on a Red Hat server.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is by design, the TA only has a one page UI to facilitate configuration.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is by design, the TA only has a one page UI to facilitate configuration.

0 Karma

mickchen

I have the same problem, I completed my selections and hit Save, then OK, but it brings me back to the same input selection page.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have you enabled the inputs? Are you following the instructions in the documentation? See both the deployment and configuration topics, if you haven't already read them.

0 Karma

malmoore
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can enable inputs in three ways officially:

As this is the Splunk TA for Unix and Linux, there's not really much to see, as it does not have more than a configuration UI in Splunk Web. You usually use the TA to forward *nix data to another instance which runs the Splunk App for Unix and Linux.

terryloar
Path Finder

I enabled "All" File and Directory and Scripted Inputs on the Setup page.

0 Karma

terryloar
Path Finder

Thanks for the quick response.

Where does one "enable the inputs"?

I installed it from Manager -> Apps -> "Install apps from file" (button). It then came up with the setup page and I can't seem to get out of setup mode.

I have read the instructions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...