All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk_TA_Windows - input.conf update

abhic25
Explorer

I have added blackliste3 as per below in  "Splunk_TA_Windows" on one Universal Forwarder it worked.

Now want to update on all Universal Forwarder then do i need to manually edit this app on all servers? 

I tried, editing "Splunk_TA_Windows" on the deployment server where this app installed-restarted splunk, restarted UF too but no luck, any idea?

blacklist3 = EventCode="(4634|4672)" Message="(?m)Account\sName:[^\n]+\$$"

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're right in that the change should be made on the Deployment Server.  Modify the inputs.conf file in the deployment-apps/Splunk_TA_Windows/local directory and it should be picked up by each UF the next time they phone home.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're right in that the change should be made on the Deployment Server.  Modify the inputs.conf file in the deployment-apps/Splunk_TA_Windows/local directory and it should be picked up by each UF the next time they phone home.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...