All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Support for Active Directory: Why do I get an exception from the Python script for every ldapfilter command I try?

Othi
Engager

For every ldapfilter (fresh 2.0.0 install on 6.1.4) command I try, the result is an exception from the Python script, for example:

query | stats count by User | ldapfilter domain=default search="(sAMAccountName=$User$)" attrs="cn"

gives

External search command 'ldapfilter' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR "AttributeError at ""/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/ldapfilter.py"", line 98 : 'LdapFilterCommand' object has no attribute 'search_scope'" "

Is this a known problem? Can anyone even use ldapfilter right now?

1 Solution

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are going to be releasing a v2.0.1 shortly. Until then, downgrade to v1.1.13 for a while.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are going to be releasing a v2.0.1 shortly. Until then, downgrade to v1.1.13 for a while.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi from the future... December 14, 2014 is when we released it. https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1151/

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

Getting lots of errors from version 2.0.0 here as well. Couldn't find a fix! I still using the older 1.1.13 which seems to work fine apart from limited features.

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Othi,

this is not the Add-on for LDAP app you're using. Your using the SA-ldapsearch which is the Splunk LDAP Support App for Active Directory https://apps.splunk.com/app/1151/ .. I will re-tag this question.

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...