All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Support for Active Directory: How to troubleshoot error ldapfilter.py error "domain="..." is not configured"?

kpavan
Path Finder

Hi,

Am getting these errors, but not sure why. I have configured ldap.conf and connection was successful, but I'm not able to see Active Directory related data in the Splunk Support for Active Directory app.

2016-01-19 07:21:58,609, Level=WARNING, Pid=24446, File=ldapfilter.py, Line=108, search="(objectClass=)": domain="-AD" is not configured
2016-01-19 07:21:58,611, Level=WARNING, Pid=24446, File=ldapfilter.py, Line=108, search="(objectClass=)": domain="-AD" is not configured
2016-01-19 07:21:58,612, Level=WARNING, Pid=24446, File=ldapfilter.py, Line=108, search="(objectClass=)": domain="-AD" is not configured
2016-01-19 07:21:58,614, Level=WARNING, Pid=24446, File=ldapfilter.py, Line=108, search="(objectClass=AD$)": domain="AD AD" is not configured

Please help me on resolving issue.

Thanks!
Pavan

0 Karma

javiergn
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you configure everything through the GUI?
If not, can you try to do so?

See this

If that doesn't help please include a screenshot of the following tab: http://docs.splunk.com/images/7/78/LDAP_201_Config.png and then ideally paste any of the ldapfilter searches currently failing.

Thanks,
J

0 Karma

kpavan
Path Finder

I did configured through GUI and tested connection, result was successful. Not sure why am getting these errors.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...