All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Support Add-on for Active Directory: Why am I unable to save configuration?

samakroyd
Engager

Add-on: Splunk Support Add-on for Active Directory (v214)

I am new to Splunk, so thought it would be good to configure this first to get some info about our AD (Active Directory). Installed the add-on (once via the web, and another time via zip file) and got to the configuration screen, where I tested my config successfully, but it wouldn't allow me to save the config.

I have looked around and people have suggested installing it as an upgrade via zip file, I did that and it didn't work. I've tried putting the AD account password plain text in the ldap.conf file as recommended elsewhere - but it has made no difference.

I may be being a bit of an amateur but this has got me stumped.

I am currently using the 'default' profile, but from what I've read this shouldn't made a difference.

pwest_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, I believe there may be a bug in the UI implementation in that the button doesn't appear to do anything, but behind the scenes in the .conf files, changes are in fact made.
I got this info from Splunk PS so I haven't seen this with my own eyes.
I would suggest logging this with Splunk Support.

teak421
Path Finder

You are correct... The save button does nothing, but I checked actual file that it was wrote to and the encryption for the password did indeed change. I'm on 8.0.3, that UI bug should be fixed...

0 Karma

goltz20707
Engager

Having the same problem here, except I can't even test the connection. None of the buttons (Save, Test connection, or the "+" and "-") seem to do anything, regardless of what browser I use.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...