All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk ODBC: "error code 126: The specified module could not be found (C:\Program Files\Splunk ODBC Driver\lib\SplunkDSII.dll)."

marhuc
Explorer

We're having troubles with configuring the Splunk ODBC driver on one of our machines. Machine is powered by Windows 2008 R2 Std x64.
I've installed Splunk 64-bit driver, but I'm encountering errors when we would like to configure the driver:

The setup routine for the Splunk ODBC Driver ODBC Driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126: The specified module could not be found (C:\Program Files\Splunk ODBC Driver\lib\SplunkDSII.dll).

We have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable, keys in Registry are pointing to this .dll file and these file exist on filesystem.

What should I install or configure next, or do you have any other advice?
Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

marhuc
Explorer

With help of Splunk Support, we figured out the problem.

Our Splunk instalation(6.2) isn't compatible with ODBC driver v2.1.0 - we've installed ODBC v2.0.0 and now it works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

marhuc
Explorer

With help of Splunk Support, we figured out the problem.

Our Splunk instalation(6.2) isn't compatible with ODBC driver v2.1.0 - we've installed ODBC v2.0.0 and now it works fine.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...