All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Mobile compatibility with python 3

ips_mandar
Builder

Hi, I am using Splunk version 8.0.1 with python version-3 and now I want to use splunk mobile but Splunk Cloud Gateway is not compatible with python 3 ..So is there any way using which I can make splunk (with python3) to work with splunk mobile?
or any idea when python version 3 compatible version will be released?

Thanks,

0 Karma
1 Solution

nicolen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

Our team is currently working on making Splunk Cloud Gateway compatible with Python 3.

I updated the documentation to be more clear about Python and Splunk support. See the Splunk Version prerequisite requirement: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Gateway/1.9.0/Installation/Installation#Prerequisites

Splunk version 8.0.1 has both Python 2.7 and Python 3 interpreters, so Splunk Cloud Gateway should be compatible with Splunk version 8.0.1.

View solution in original post

nicolen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

Our team is currently working on making Splunk Cloud Gateway compatible with Python 3.

I updated the documentation to be more clear about Python and Splunk support. See the Splunk Version prerequisite requirement: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Gateway/1.9.0/Installation/Installation#Prerequisites

Splunk version 8.0.1 has both Python 2.7 and Python 3 interpreters, so Splunk Cloud Gateway should be compatible with Splunk version 8.0.1.

ips_mandar
Builder

Thanks @nicolen_splunk
I am using splunk 8.0.1 with python3 and hence for me it is not compatible and I can't change my python version since i am using db connect addon with python3.
so I am waiting for python3 compatible version.
thanks again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...