All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk + MS SCOM addon. How to filter out or limit requests to Scom

pedro_77

Hello,

As default configuration, addon for MS SCOM ingest all objects from defined group from SCOM database.
For group internal i have more than 30000 objects from SCOM. To ingest this data into SCOM it takes almost 10 minutes and 95% of objects i don't need it.
Is there any possibility to limit request which is sending to SCOM? For example to put some filter into the request like below?

get-scomclass | ?{$.name -like 'DataONTAP.Cluster.NodeVserver.Aggregate' -or $.name -like 'DataONTAP.Cluster.DataVserver.Volume'} | Get-SCOMClassInstance

example of config of input file
[powershell://_Splunk_TA_microsoft_scom_internal_used_Status]
index = demo
schedule = 0 */10 * ? * *
script = & "$SplunkHome\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_microsoft-scom\bin\scom_command_loader.ps1" -groups "internal" -server demo_server

thanks for any clue

0 Karma

rachaelcrook89
Explorer

You could try editing the Powershell script that the SCOM Add on runs or as an alternative you could pull SCOM data from it's MS SQL DB into Splunk via DB Connect. I'm personally using the SCOM Add-on, but I don't have the same restraints on limiting how much pulls into Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...