All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk MINT: Is the a way to initialize the OkHTTP instrumentation without Gradle Plugin?

bhawkins4194

I am looking to see if there is a way to initialize the OkHTTP Instrumentation without using the Gradle Plugin. I have tried 5.1 and 5.2 and both of them cause issues with the application. In 5.1, I had an NPE on the Logger and in 5.2, it fails to include a library causing ClassNotFound crashes. Specifically the issue is with Google Guava and the CacheBuilder class.

I would prefer the plugin not to rewrite my code and I would prefer to add it in myself.

Is there any way to do this? This is a huge reason we are going with Splunk MINT as we need to track our API responses for an SLA.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Without Gradle plug-in, it may be possible to initialize the OkHTTP instrumentation. However, this has not been developed or tested, and would not be supported by the MINT Team.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...