All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Isilon Integration Errors!

sarwshai
Communicator

I have installed EMC Isilon add-on on my Heavy Forwarder and tried setting it up, but it always ends up throwing error 'Encountered the following error while trying to update: Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/TA_EMC-Isilon/isiloncustom/isilonendpoint/setupentity'.
Upon checking the logs from /opt/splunk/var/log/isilon , i am getting several errors as below,

'EMC Isilon Error: HTTP Request error for endpoint : No JSON object could be decoded'
'EMC Isilon INFO: Password Entity Not found for given host and given user in splunk, so creating new entity'
'EMC Isilon Error: [HTTP 401] Client is not authenticated'
'EMC Isilon Error: HTTP Request error for endpoint : HTTPSConnectionPool(host='x.x.x.x', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /session/1/session (Caused by : [Errno 111] Connection refused)'
'EMC Isilon Error: index isilon does not exist' : (For this i did workaround as suugested in this answer "https://answers.splunk.com/answers/507932/emc-isilon-app-and-add-on-for-splunk-enterprise-ho.html")

I have even tried the ultimate root user to authenticate but still getting the above errors.

Also one thing i noticed is there are 2 compulsory ways that isilon logs are to be taken, 1 via the syslog(isilon to splunk) and 2 the API calls(splunk to isilon) is this right?

Any help would be appreciated

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Can someone help me with the steps that needs to be taken at configuration at Isilon source end and details that i need to co?

I have installed the add-on on the forwarder and search head and got stuck with the configuration.

0 Karma

sskidmore
Explorer

This is also happening as I attempt to configure the app. As I look at the local directory of the app, i don't see a username/password for this entity. I'm bad at python so i'm not sure of everything the setup page is supposed to do, but I took the default isilonappsetup.conf file and put in there answers to the username, password and index values, to no avail.

Thanks for the future assist!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...