All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk -How do I fix this ServiceNow Add-On Python Rest Error?

heidihart
Engager

Hi, 

Trying to configure authentication connection between Splunk and Service Now using service now add on. I can confirm the connection the service now server is open and operational but I am still seeing "Unable to reach server at https://dev.connectedservices.homeaffairs.gov.au. Check configurations and network settings"

Looking into the splunkd logs and the splunk_ta_snow_main.log I am seeing the following error:

Stack trace from python handler:\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\admin.py", line 94, in init_persistent\n hand.execute(info)\n File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\admin.py", line 594, in execute\n if self.requestedAction == ACTION_CREATE: self.handleCreate(confInfo)\n File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_snow\lib\splunktaucclib\rest_handler\admin_external.py", line 51, in wrapper\n for entity in result:\n File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_snow\lib\splunktaucclib\rest_handler\handler.py", line 116, in wrapper\n for name, data, acl in meth(self, *args, **kwargs):\n File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_snow\lib\splunktaucclib\rest_handler\handler.py", line 85, in wrapper\n check_existing(self, name),\n File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_snow\lib\splunktaucclib\rest_handler\endpoint\__init__.py", line 79, in validate\n self._loop_fields('validate', name, data, existing=existing)\n File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_snow\lib\splunktaucclib\rest_handler\endpoint\__init__.py", line 76, in _loop_fields\n return [getattr(f, meth)(data, *args, **kwargs) for f in model.fields]\n File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_snow\lib\splunktaucclib\rest_handler\endpoint\field.py", line 52, in validate\n raise RestdError(400, self.validator.msg)\nRestError: REST Error [400]: Bad Request -- Unable to reach server at https://d. Check configurations and network settings.\n
08-28-2020 14:55:41.197 +1000 ERROR AdminManagerExternal - Unexpected error "<class 'splunktaucclib.rest_handler.error.RestError'>" from python handler: "REST Error [400]: Bad Request -- Unable to reach server at https://. Check configurations and network settings.".

I am hoping someone maybe able to provide some assistance with this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

vengisa
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello,

i am also facing the same error when i try to setup the service now account in splunk.. 

is there a solution for this

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...