All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Forwarder Service/ Windows Infrastructure App Causing PowerShell.exe to use 50% CPU + continuously growing Memory

mgrasber
Engager

Hi Guys - apologies ahead of time for my ignorance as I'm a rookie.

I have the splunk forwarder installed on a DC running 2012 R2. Service runs fine with no apps installed. When I stop the service, install TA-DNSServer-NT6 and TA-DomainController-NT6 for the windows infrastructure splunk app, and restart the service, Windows Powershell hovers consistently at 50+% CPU in task manager. Memory usage starts around a few hundred MB and grows by about 3mb/s without stopping. Right now it's at about 2050mb of memory.

All the correct information looks like it's being collected in splunk. I can see LDAP information, DS client binds, etc...

We have 2 other DCs on 2008 R2 that are forwarding information using the Splunk App For AD and the task manager shows no similarities.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

mgrasber
Engager

I'm an idiot - Didn't even notice that there is an addon specifically for 2012 R2 that comes with this app (TA-DomainController-2012R2). Will leave this here just in case anyone else has the same brain fart. Thanks everyone.

View solution in original post

mgrasber
Engager

I'm an idiot - Didn't even notice that there is an addon specifically for 2012 R2 that comes with this app (TA-DomainController-2012R2). Will leave this here just in case anyone else has the same brain fart. Thanks everyone.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...