All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Enterprise 8.0.3,Splunk 8.0.3

davemorrow

Attempting to install on Search Head

Install works. Front page of the app works. But click on Inputs, Configuration and does nothing.

Nothing in the app log (its empty),Attempting to get this working with Splunk 8.0.3

Installed the app onto the Search Heads. Nothing in logs (the app log is empty).

Click Configuration or Inputs tabs and it just hangs.

Any ideas?

0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

Ive uploaded a new version 1.0.6 which should fix this issue. It was caused by the build pipeline excluding some JS files.
Please let me know if you have any other issues.
Thanks

0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

Hi,
Im double checking this against 8.0.3 currently, but in the meantime you should be able to access the inputs config at
https://yourInstance:8000/en-US/manager/TA-aws-trusted-advisor/data/inputs/aws_trusted_advisor

Let me know how you get on.
Thanks
Will

0 Karma

davemorrow

I am still not seeing data in the dashboards, although when I search - the data is there.

My splunk admin seems to think you may have hardcoded us-east-1 region? My data is coming in ca-central-1

0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

The region us-east-1 is used because that is the only region you can get the Trusted Advisor feed from.
Could you go to: YourSplunkServer/en-US/app/TA-aws-trusted-advisor/reports and Click "Open in Search" for the report "Trusted Advisor Checks Lookup Populator".
This should populate the lookup file.
If you then go back to the dashboard, does it load?

It would be worthwhile enabling the "Trusted Advisor Checks Lookup Populator" report to run on a schedule to update with the latest Trusted Advisor checks on a regular basis. The report runs
| getchecks | outputlookup trusted_advisor_checks

Let me know how you get on - I'll try and get the documentation updated ASAP too.

0 Karma

davemorrow

So I can now see that the "inputs" are working as I can see trusted_advisor data when I search. But the App dashboard simply shows "Waiting for Data"

0 Karma

davemorrow

Thanks Will try it out as soon as I can

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...