All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk EMC VNX add-on not working

p_gurav
Champion

Hi ,

We are trying to configure Splunk Add-on for EMC VNX for VNX block data. We have distributed environment consisting 6 indexers, 2 search heads and 1 heavy forwarder. We installed emc vnx add-on on heavy forwarder and search heads. We also configured input as :

[vnx_data_loader://sf_vnx_block]
network_addr =
username =
password =
platform = VNX Block
scope = 0
site = SF
index = emc_vnx
disabled = 0

Input is working fine, as we validate with troubleshooting steps.But we are not getting any kind of performance data, also we are getting following exceptions:

2017-06-13 13:22:45,497 ERROR 139829484443392 - Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_emc-vnx/bin/thread_pool.py", line 116, in run
job()
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_emc-vnx/bin/job_factory.py", line 27, in __call
_
results = self.func()
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_emc-vnx/bin/vnx_block_loader.py", line 406, in collect_perf_metrics
metrics = self.block.collect_perf_metrics()
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_emc-vnx/bin/vnx_block_loader.py", line 51, in collect_perf_metrics
self._get_agents()
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_emc-vnx/bin/vnx_block_loader.py", line 349, in _get_agents
output = timed_popen(self.cli_common + cli, 15)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_emc-vnx/bin/timed_popen.py", line 55, in timed_popen
return _do_timed_popen(args, timeout)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_emc-vnx/bin/timed_popen.py", line 41, in _do_timed_popen
sub = Popen(args, stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init
_
errread, errwrite)
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Can anybody please help with it? Thanks in advance.

appalisudhakar
Path Finder

Hi,

Remove Scope from inputs.conf and try loglevel as DEBUG to see performance data in Splunk.

Below inputs works.

[vnx_data_loader://sf_vnx_block]
network_addr = 10.X.X.X
username = vnxuser
password = vnxpassword
platform = VNX Block
index = emc_vnx
loglevel = DEBUG
site = SF
disabled = 0

Thanks,
Sai

0 Karma

jimodonald
Contributor

We saw something similar with the EMC Isilon app. we had to make an update to correct the scoping of the authhandlers.py python script to just the app.

in line 38 of the authhandlers.py script it was:
entities = entity.getEntities(['admin', 'passwords'], namespace=myapp, owner='nobody', sessionKey=sessionKey)

we changed it to:
entities = entity.getEntities(['admin', 'passwords'], search=myapp, namespace=myapp, owner='nobody', sessionKey=sessionKey)

and now it works.

See if that helps.

Jim

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Hi jimodonald,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried editing credential.py and data_loader.py in VNX add-on but it doesn't work. Could you please tell me any another solution.

0 Karma

frogadd
Engager

I tried editing credentials and re installing everything in multiple OS's, I have tried editing many other python scripts but always get the same, I see no one is able to solve this, if you find any solution to this, please let us know! I have tried everything and have lost several hours on this. I am just glad I'm not the only one..

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...