All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Dashboards App (Beta) on Windows 10 not working

scottfoley
Explorer

Following the CLI directions I installed Splunk Dashboards App (Beta) to Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0 on Windows 10. I see the App splunk-dashboards-app-beta_020. I need to go into Default Views and select Dashboards to see the Create New Dashboard button.

The problem is that I see no difference in the New Dashboard. It looks just like the regular Splunk Dashboards. I also don't see the option to Open in Dashboard App When I select the ellipses(...) in a current dashboard.

Could this be a problem with Windows 10? I have read the documentation and I can't see anything that I am missing. Any suggestions?

0 Karma

Funderburg78
Path Finder

I am running the beta App on a Splunk 7.3.2 and I got it to show up by copying splunk-dashboard-app and splunk-dashboard-telemetry directly into the Apps folder. However, I cannot get a convert option for ANY of my dashboards. Has anyone successfully converted any of there Dashboards from the Advanced XML format to JSON? I have the ability to create NEW dashboards now and I am toying with that. But I have not been able to convert even a new dashboard I build in the search and reporting app.

0 Karma

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@Funderburg78 , you mentioned Advanced XML dashboards; this beta does not support Advanced XML conversion, only Simple XML. When you click on the 3 dots on the top right corner of a Simple XML dashboard, do you see an "Open in dashboards app (beta)" prompt for any of your dashboards? If not, please email dashboards-beta@splunk.com and we'll get you sorted out.

0 Karma

atammana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk team discussed this issue with Scott; this can be fixed by copying the splunk-dashboard-app and splunk-dashboard-telemetry directories directly into the app folder, or by extracting within the app folder itself. Docs on dashboard app installation can be found here.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...