All Apps and Add-ons

(Splunk Dashboards App Beta) How to wrap text in a table?

ssuzano
Engager

Hi,

I'm using Splunk Enterprise Dashboards App (beta) and inserted a table in my dashboard, but I need to wrap the text to show all of the content.

Instead of this:

alt text

I need something like this returned in a search:
alt text

How can I do that?

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@ssuzano if the dots . define the end of line for Notification column, you can try the following to make Notification field a multivalue field so that each line takes a new line.

| eval Notification=split(replace(Notification,"\.",".|"),"|")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@ssuzano if the dots . define the end of line for Notification column, you can try the following to make Notification field a multivalue field so that each line takes a new line.

| eval Notification=split(replace(Notification,"\.",".|"),"|")

ssuzano
Engager

Thank you @niketnilay ! It helped me a lot.

0 Karma

sensitive-thug
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thank you for asking a question @ssuzano,

I'm glad you found a helpful answer from @niketnilay. If their answer solved your issue please click “Accept” directly below the answer to resolve the post.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...